Re: File name completion glitch

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: File name completion glitch
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2009 18:19:28 +0900

Richard M Stallman <address@hidden> writes:
>     The new partial completion style completion in Emacs 23 needs to have a
>     few more glitches worked out before the release.
>
> I think it should be disabled by default, because it is painfully
> slow in some cases.

Can you give concrete examples?  Is it just when explicitly used (i.e.,
completing something which wouldn't give any results with old-style
completion), or does it slow down "normal" completion too?

[I've never noticed any obvious slowdown, and it's _enormously_ useful...]

Thanks,

-Miles

--
My spirit felt washed.  With blood.  [Eli Shin, on "The Passion of the Christ"]