Re: emacs/lisp ChangeLog

From: Leo
Subject: Re: emacs/lisp ChangeLog
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 16:53:11 +0000

Hi Glenn,

On 2009-03-14 21:22 +0000, Glenn Morris wrote on address@hidden:
>  2009-03-14  Glenn Morris  <address@hidden>
>
> +     * mail/mailalias.el: Remove leading `*' from defcustom docs.

It seems many files still have leading * in their defcustoms. For
example, have a peek at the nxml directory.

BTW, I am curious about the leading *, what does it do? Why so many old
packages are using it?

Would it be a good idea to clarify this in (info "(elisp)Programming
Tips") and also in NEWS?

--
.:  Leo  :.  [ sdl.web AT gmail.com ]  .: I use Emacs :.

               www.git-scm.com
    git - the one true version control system