Re: emacs/lisp/mail rmail.el

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: emacs/lisp/mail rmail.el
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 21:22:57 -0400

Richard M Stallman wrote:

>     This change is inconsistent with Emacs 22, and the documentation in
>     rmail.el and rmail.texi.
>
> The problem has to be fixed.

What problem?

> The behavior as of yesterday is so inconvenient that I can't believe
> anyone wants it.

In what way? AFAIK, nobody complained about it in Emacs 22.

If there is a problem, I think you should add elements to the default
of rmail-retry-ignored-headers (and add a :version tag), rather than
using rmail-ignored-headers for this.

> I just looked at the old Rmail code and saw this:
>
>           (rmail-clear-headers "^sender:\\|^return-path:\\|^received:")
>
> which had got lost.  Would you prefer that fix?

What do you mean, "had got lost"? Equivalent code is there in
rmail-retry-failure in the trunk, right where you made your change:

 (rmail-delete-headers "^\\(sender\\|return-path\\|received\\):")