Re: Choosing a moment for the Bazaar switchover.

From: Andreas Schwab
Subject: Re: Choosing a moment for the Bazaar switchover.
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2009 13:46:38 +0100

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

>> I have, however, created a new repository, containing all of the
>> branches from CVS available at the usual location:
>
>> http://bzr.notengoamigos.org/emacs-merges-ce.tar.[gz,lzma]
>
>> I don't believe that this repository has rename info.
>
> Is Ian's aware of the rename problem?

I'm not aware of a single changeset in the CVS repository that
represents a rename.  Whenever a file was moved there were separate
commits that remove and add the file.  For an extreme example, take a
look at
<http://repo.or.cz/w/emacs.git?a=commitdiff;h=9446f6ee8b2b0d758da9eb4b34627a33dacf8922;hp=d0b8e1ae34a5a0c6be87b291002a8a86db8be5c9>,
which is the summary of the move of all the texi files from man/ to
doc/.  This summary consists of a total of 428 commits, almost all of
them touching only a single file.  Moreover, each file was first removed
in one commit and readded only much later.  A proper move would probably
have produced less than 5 commits.

Andreas.

--
Andreas Schwab, address@hidden