Re: Platform-specific symbols in cus-start.el

From: YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
Subject: Re: Platform-specific symbols in cus-start.el
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 10:48:18 +0900

>> Related to this, is the kludge below found in nsterm.m appropriate,
>> or should cus-start be fixed?

> Not sure if it's the best solution, but since it reproduces what's
> done in w32term.c, it's no worse than what we already have.

An alternative solution is to use this variable
(x-use-underline-position-properties) in a meaningful way.  NSFont has
a method to extract the underline position defined by the font, but
the current implementation of the Cocoa/GNUstep port unconditionally
ignores that value.

                                     YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
                                address@hidden