Re: Interactive hat.

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Re: Interactive hat.
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 12:51:26 +0000

Hi, David!

On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 01:14:21PM +0100, David Kastrup wrote:
> Alan Mackenzie <address@hidden> writes:

> > If it's possible to code everything we need with a symbol property, I
> > think the interactive hat mechanism should be removed.

> > There are currently only 28 defuns (in simple.el, lisp.el and
> > paragraphs.el) which use this, so changing them to use a property
> > instead would be a trivial amount of work.

> You can't put a symbol property on an anonymous function, and quite a
> few interactive functions are autogenerated within Emacs, particularly
> in mouse keymaps.

Could you point out an example of this, please?

Do any of these autogenerated commands use interactive-hat?  Would it be
practical and not too ugly to amend these commands to use a symbol,
possibly not interned?

Does shift-select-mode even make any sense for mouse commands?  (I'm not
a mouse user.)

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).