Re: undefined reference to ftfont_variation_glyphs

From: Kenichi Handa
Subject: Re: undefined reference to ftfont_variation_glyphs
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 14:41:47 +0900

Sorry for the late response on this matter.

In article <address@hidden>, Sebastian Rose <address@hidden> writes:

> Since a few days I cannot build CVS emacs 23 on debian.

> $ gcc --version
> gcc (Debian 4.3.3-3) 4.3.3

> ftfont.o:(.data+0x68): undefined reference to `ftfont_variation_glyphs'

[...]
> While declaration (line 384) and usage (line 431) of the function
> `ftfont_variation_glyphs()' are surounded solely by:

> #ifdef        HAVE_OTF_GET_VARIATION_GLYPHS

>    /* FUNCTION DECLARATION HERE */

> #endif        /* HAVE_OTF_GET_VARIATION_GLYPHS */

Yes, it's a bug, and thank you for the patch.  But, actually
ftfont_variation_glyphs is usable even without
HAVE_M17N_FLT.  So, the right fix is to define it without
checking HAVE_M17N_FLT.

Chong Yidong <address@hidden> writes:

> I've checked in your patch (with a slight correction).  Thanks.

I've just installed another fix.

---
Kenichi Handa
address@hidden