Re: still `umlaut-bug' with current Emacs

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: still `umlaut-bug' with current Emacs
Date: Wed, 08 Apr 2009 07:09:57 +0200 (CEST)

> Here is the minimal `.emacs' file to reproduce the problem: [...]

I forgot to mention that I was loading a TeX file, of course, using
AUCTeX version 2009-03-22.

With exactly the same setup I see another bug, as shown in the
attached image.  The displayed text should be

  \textit{%
    xxx \textbf{yyy}\\
    zzz}

`C-u C-x =' says this for the first `y' character:

          character: y (121, #o171, #x79)
  preferred charset: ascii (ASCII (ISO646 IRV))
         code point: 0x79
             syntax: w  which means: word
           category: .:Base, a:ASCII, l:Latin, r:Roman
        buffer code: #x79
          file code: #x79 (encoded by coding system utf-8-unix)
            display: no font available

  Character code properties: customize what to show
    name: LATIN SMALL LETTER Y
    general-category: Ll (Letter, Lowercase)

  There are text properties here:
    face                 (font-latex-bold-face font-latex-italic-face)
    font-lock-multiline  t
    fontified            t

   Werner

PNG image