Re: Updates not shown in vc-dir buffers?

From: Dan Nicolaescu
Subject: Re: Updates not shown in vc-dir buffers?
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2009 07:33:29 -0700 (PDT)

Tassilo Horn <address@hidden> writes:

  > Hi all,
  >
  > I opened a SVN directory in vc-dir-mode (C-x v d /path/to/dir RET).
  > Then I updated it using `+'.  It fetched updates (as `l' reveals), but
  > those are not listed in the vc-dir buffer.

Can you please describe what you see and what do you expect to see?
If you start another emacs instance and in that new emacs instance do
C-x v d /path/to/dir RET
do you see something different than in the original instance?

If you do see something different, can you please show the output of

M-: (vc-call-backend vc-dir-backend 'state "/path/to/dir/FILENAME") RET
in both emacs instances.  Where FILENAME is the name of a file which is
display differently (you need to pass an absolute path name to
vc-call-backend).