Help, please! How do I update the master menu without losing the detaile

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Help, please! How do I update the master menu without losing the detailed menu?
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2009 20:55:54 +0000

Hi, Emacs!

The subject just about says it all.  I've added a new node to the Elisp
manual, and so I need to update the main menu in elisp.texi.

Everything I try which "updates" the menu also deletes the @detailedmenu
bit, which is a bit useless.

"Everything" here includes:
C-c C-u C-m and C-u C-c C-u C-m  (`texinfo-make-menu')
C-c C-u m   and C-u C-c C-u m  (`texinfo-master-menu')
C-c C-u C-a and C-u C-c C-u C-a  (`texinfo-all-menus-update')

So, how do I update the main menu in elisp.texi without losing the
detailed menu?  Do I have to do this by hand (yuck!)?

Thanks in advance for the help!

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).