Re: "C-c C-c" binding for "submission" in server edit buffers

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: "C-c C-c" binding for "submission" in server edit buffers
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 09:25:25 +0900

Lennart Borgman <address@hidden> writes:
>> There are keybindings already (C-x #, C-x C-c for emacsclient -t);
>> mainly my point is that for certain circumstances, C-c C-c is far more
>> natural.
>>
>> So my desire is to make it simple to use C-c C-c in those circumstances.
>
> Thanks Miles, yes I understand what you want, but to me "C-x k" would
> be much more natural.

Hmm, I'd think "C-x k" might be a natural binding for a "negative" exit
... but AFAIK, there's no way of communicating such a thing back to
emacsclient (so it could, for instance, exit with a non-zero status).

Actually the default binding of "C-x k" already does more or less the
right thing for what you want, though it prompts for confirmation first.

-Miles

--
P.S.  All information contained in the above letter is false,
      for reasons of military security.