RE: recenter-redisplay

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: recenter-redisplay
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2009 20:06:51 -0700

I didn't try it, but it sounds good to me. I don't really care about redisplay
either way. It doesn't annoy me, but I agree that it might as well be
independent from recentering. I like the proposal. If implemented, I will likely
never bother to use the redisplay part.

I'd even vote for turning off redisplay by default (setting the variable to nil
by default). Is there really anyone who cares about backward compatibility in
this case? (I do remember, however, connecting over a modem at 1200 baud or
whatever it was. Many, many moon ago...)