Re: Tramp problems connecting to OpenBSD over SSH

From: Taylor Venable
Subject: Re: Tramp problems connecting to OpenBSD over SSH
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 11:23:35 -0400

On Sun, Apr 19, 2009 at 10:06:51AM +0200, Michael Albinus wrote:
> Taylor Venable <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > Another thing is that 'ls -ab' is run at some point, but the '-b'
> > option isn't available on OpenBSD's ls.  Perhaps neither one of these
> > is directly the cause, but they seem like they may be red flags to me.
>
> That might be the problem, because it happens exactly at the place where
> Tramp runs into trouble.
>
> Could you, please, check whether the appended patch helps?

With this patch in place I can do absolute directories, but paths that
use tilde for home don't work.  They give the same errors as before
with the /tmp/ pathname that includes the date and everything.  That
date output is the same produced by 'ls -lnd /' which it appears is
being executed from tramp.el (tramp-get-ls-command).  There are a lot
of references to "drwxr-xr-x  17 0  0  512 Feb 21 15:49" which is
precisely the output of 'ls -lnd /'.  Perhaps that is not relevant,
but anyway attached is a new debug log for when I try to use tilde in
a path name.

It seems like we're heading in the right direction, thanks for the
help so far.

--
Taylor Christopher Venable
http://real.metasyntax.net:2357/