tooltip-mode shouldn't be enabled in the Linux console by default

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: tooltip-mode shouldn't be enabled in the Linux console by default
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2009 23:04:05 +1200

For Emacs in CVS, tooltip-mode is enabled by default for text-only terminals.
The file tooltip.el says this:

  ;; Even if we start on a text-only terminal, make this non-nil by
  ;; default because we can open a graphical frame later (multi-tty).

I think this is wrong because, in the Linux console with gpm, every time the
mouse moves over a region with a help-echo property, in the mini-buffer, you
get the error message:

 Error while displaying tooltip: (error Non-X frame used)

before the help text appears.

Presumably if a multi-tty user chooses to open a graphical frame, he
can enable tooltip-mode if he wishes.  Or maybe it is possible to distinguish
between the Linux console and a text-only terminal on a graphical terminal,
e.g xterm on X11 where gpm is not available.