Re: make ctrl-+ increase font size?

From: Deniz Dogan
Subject: Re: make ctrl-+ increase font size?
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 17:33:01 +0200

2009/4/28 Simon Josefsson <address@hidden>:
> Ctrl-+ seems unused right now.  Can we make it a short-cut for
> increasing the font size?
>
> Ctrl-+ is used to increase the font size in many GNOME applications (and
> other applications too) so it would be nice to be consistent here.
>
> Ctrl-- is already taken, but maybe it isn't that important?

I've bound C-+ and C-- to text-scale-increase and text-scale-decrease
respectively, but also bound M-+ and M-- to increase/decrease the font
size in every buffer. I agree that C-x C-+ and C-x C-- can be a bit
cumbersome to type, but seeing as rebinding C-- (and M--) would break
negative-argument, it's certainly a bad idea to make those keybindings
default.

But how about making C-x M-+ and C-x M-- default bindings for
increasing/decreasing the font size in every buffer? Has that been up
before? Would that break anything?

--
Deniz Dogan