Re: Low redisplay performance (23 regression)

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Re: Low redisplay performance (23 regression)
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 01:05:41 -0400

Tassilo Horn <address@hidden> writes:

> And on yet another related note, today I've found out that after
> changing the font scale for the current buffer using `C-x C-+' or `C-x
> C--' line-by-line scrolling slows down considerably.

On further investigation, I found that the problem can be solved with a
relatively safe change to handle_face_prop, so that it tells
face_at_buffer_position what the base face id is rather than having
face_at_buffer_position recalculate it each time the redisplay loop
wants to display the next face (!).  I've checked in the fix.