Re: display-buffer cleverness - how to tame?

From: Samuel Bronson
Subject: Re: display-buffer cleverness - how to tame?
Date: Mon, 4 May 2009 14:58:27 -0400

On Mon, May 4, 2009 at 11:49 AM, Drew Adams <address@hidden> wrote:
> By a simple way, I mean, for example, just customizing a user option or two -
> not implementing complex functions. It is merely punting to provide just a
> function-valued option `do-it-yourself'. When DWIM -> DYI, something is amiss.

Well, it's pretty close though. If you do that AND define the very
function you would need to set the variable to reference AND add the
necessary defcustom magic to allow the user to just pick the old
function from a drop-down list, that should be good, no?

Of course, preferably the function should be pretty short, too -- if
the old behaviour was in fact simple. (And, scrolling down, I see that
this is apparently not the case.)

And that's just for user customization of split-window -- for Emacs
lisp programs, it sounds like there should probably be some
more-parametrized function.