Re: Keybindings in non-Latin layout

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Keybindings in non-Latin layout
Date: Tue, 05 May 2009 00:41:45 -0400

> I think in general, a "reactive" solution, like function-key-map, or the
> special handling of shifted keys (mapping them to unshifted variants if
> not bound) would be much more robust than a method like the above
> (the problem being that it essentially stores redundant state that can
> get out of sync).

Agreed.  The only difficulty is in building the reverse mapping, and in
making it apply to all forms of the key (with arbitrary modifiers), all
this ideally without adding yet-more-ad-hoc-C-code in the
read_key_sequence monster (or even removing some of it instead).

Ideally, the same technique can be used to map mouse-4/5 to
wheel-up/down (with or without arbitrary modifiers).

        Stefan