Re: read-buffer-completion-ignore-case

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: read-buffer-completion-ignore-case
Date: Wed, 06 May 2009 12:00:43 +0900

"Drew Adams" <address@hidden> writes:
>> Do you really need to know explicitly?  Could you instead just test
>> `completion-ignore-case', which is let-bound to the value of
>> read-buffer-completion-ignore-case inside of read-buffer?
>
> Not sure I follow you. Do you mean compare the values of
> `completion-ignore-case' and `read-buffer-completion-ignore-case', and
> assume that a buffer name is being read if (and only if) they are
> different?

No, I mean, make your code generic, and only pay attention to
`completion-ignore-case', as it will have the correct value in the
various different circumstances.

> For what I have in mind that test wouldn't be sufficient. I really
> want to know whether buffer-name completion is happening.

Why?  Maybe the fact that you want to know indicates the completion
interface is missing something...

-Miles

--
Selfish, adj. Devoid of consideration for the selfishness of others.