Re: Low redisplay performance (23 regression)

From: Willem Rein Oudshoorn
Subject: Re: Low redisplay performance (23 regression)
Date: Wed, 06 May 2009 15:28:00 +0200

Miles Bader <address@hidden> writes:

> Willem Rein Oudshoorn <address@hidden> writes:
>> M-x list-charset-chars
>>     mule-unicode-0100-24ff
>>
>> scrolling in the resulting buffer is extremely slow.
>> PgUp PgDn, C-n C-p will eat up 100% and it is very jerky.
>>
>> This is both on mswindows and Mac OS X.
>
> Have you tried doing it (scrolling through the buffer) _twice_?

Yes, scenario is:

1 show unicode chars with: M-x list-charset-chars mule-unicode-0100-24ff
2 keep C-n pressed.
3 when finally at the end of the buffer jump to begin of buffer
4 keep C-n pressed.

The slowdown in step 4 is comparable to the slowdown in step 2.

But I read that there have been improvements and I will check the
newest version sometime this week and let you know.

Wim Oudshoorn.
P.S.: Sorry for the late reply, but there was a funeral in the family
      and obviously that took precedence over anything computer related.