Re: Possible emacs bug when type password fields

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Possible emacs bug when type password fields
Date: Thu, 07 May 2009 21:01:30 -0400

> Near :-) this time works fine, i can write from the beginning, however
> C-g stills does not work, when I press C-g it writes another additional
> character.

Hmm... this is odd, I cannot reproduce it.  Can you try and single-step
through that code to see why the (eq c ?\C-g) test fails?
To do that, just move point to inside the function and hit C-u M-C-x
(which marks the function for interactive debugging) and then do
M-: (read-password "toto: ").
Once in the debugger, use `n' or SPC to advance through the code.

        Stefan