Re: other serious problems with non-English tutorials

From: Per Starbäck
Subject: Re: other serious problems with non-English tutorials
Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 09:48:45 +0200

> For German, say, the tutorial expects that there exists a real file
> called TUTORIAL.de (even if it is a local copy for the user), and the
> corresponding buffer is called TUTORIAL.de too.  Currently, we have a
> buffer name `TUTORIAL (German)'.

I really don't think it's a good idea to have filenames ending with
".<language code>".
I file called TUTORIAL.el would be expected to be an Emacs-lisp file,
and not a text file in Greek, etc. (Yes, I realize there is no
TUTORIAL.el in the current emacs.) Couldn't a dash be used instead of
a hyphen in those filenames?