Re: please make line-move-visual nil

From: Bob Nnamtrop
Subject: Re: please make line-move-visual nil
Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 11:14:43 -0600

I somehow missed this.  I have no opinion on the default but I have noticed an inconsistency with this variable.  In viper-mode, line-move-visual is respected by down/up arrows but not by j/k.  I would think they should BOTH respect the variable.  These call the functions previous-line/next-line and viper-previous-line/viper-next-line, respectively.  It would seem the viper version need to be corrected.

Bob

On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 7:35 AM, garyo <address@hidden> wrote:

Alfred M. Szmidt wrote:

> Please make line-move-visual nil, it is totally uninutive to have the
> point move to the same line, when you explicitly told it to move to
> the next line.

I agree, this is very different behavior for such a core command!