Re: please make line-move-visual nil

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: please make line-move-visual nil
Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 22:45:21 -0400

   > Another weirdness when this is turned on is what happens when you
   > do C-u 25 C-n (go down 25 lines). This goes down a variable
   > number of (real) lines now, depending on your emacs's screen
   > width! A little odd, no? Maybe it's not, and I'm just old and
   > stuck in my ways.

I find this odd as well.

   Obviously your logic is valid too. It's just that computer users
   tend to navigate visually on the screen-buffer. Machines, such as
   Emacs Lisp code, navigates on file-buffer (usually).

There are alot of statements to the effect that new users will find
line-move-visual more intuitive, and some new users have stated that
they do find it more intuitive, likewise some old time users have
stated the opposite.  But has anyone actually done a poll on it or
anything similar to that?

I really think that this change should wait to after 23, and 23 should
leave line-move-visual as nil.