Re: NS do not set INFOPATH

From: Adrian Robert
Subject: Re: NS do not set INFOPATH
Date: Sat, 16 May 2009 23:26:38 +0000 (UTC)

Felix Mueller <felix <at> enqueue.eu> writes:

> an easier alternative would be to simply add a colon to resourcePath
> in nsterm.m (~ line 418). This way, contents of INFOPATH and
> Info-default-directory-list are merged when invoking info.

I'm less familiar with this area than you, but it seems strange that
emacs expects a user env setting for INFOPATH to have a path-separator
already appended to it.  Shouldn't the code that  as you say merges
INFOPATH and Info-default-directory-list take care of this?

> I would typically not expect most of the programs I use to set an
> environment variable by themselves, and I spent a couple of minutes
> figuring out what was happening and checking for other places that
> might be responsible for the INFOPATH environment variable. That's why
> I wrote the email

So it seems the problem is not with INFOPATH per se, but the whole
approach used by ns-init-paths.  Would it be possible to use the
alternative you posted for all of these other variables as well, or
would they be adjusted too late?