minibuffer-scroll-window question

From: Trey Jackson
Subject: minibuffer-scroll-window question
Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 19:39:15 -0700

All,

When reading the documentation for minibuffer-scroll-window, it looks like I should be able to do something like:

(defun my-minibuffer-setup-hook ()
  "try to force the scroll window to be the bottom-left window in the current frame"
  (setq minibuffer-scroll-window (window-at 0 (- (frame-height) 2))))
(add-hook 'minibuffer-setup-hook 'my-minibuffer-setup-hook)

However, in minibuf.c, the defun 'minibuffer-complete sets the minibuf_scroll_window variable to nil.

So, my question is, how and when can this variable be meaningfully used by an end user?  Should my hook have worked (i.e. this behavior is a bug)?

thanks,

TJ

--
Trey Jackson