Re: please make line-move-visual nil

From: David Reitter
Subject: Re: please make line-move-visual nil
Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 08:58:54 -0400

On May 26, 2009, at 8:46 AM, address@hidden wrote:
Rather than providing hooks so that the user can be trapped by the
problem, diagnose it, find the hooks, and come up with the right lisp
code (most users actually don't speak lisp) to fix it, why not turn
off line-move-visual (and anything else of the "do what I mean"
variety) during macro recording and playback?  That would lead to
consistent and predictable behavior.

The mechanism for this could be in the form of a preloaded hook,
right?

Yes, sounds like a good idea. That way it can be turned off / tinkered with.

We should, however, take care to restore the previous value in case an error is signaled during Macro execution.