Re: C-h, F1, Backspace, and splash screen

From: Ken Brown
Subject: Re: C-h, F1, Backspace, and splash screen
Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 17:19:31 -0400

On 5/28/2009 5:01 PM, Stefan Monnier wrote:
Indeed, the answer is the same: it is nowadays generally considered
a configuration error (or at least misfeature) for a terminal to use C-h
for backspace.

OK, I'll pass that on to the cygwin people.

Nevertheless, if you look back at my first post in this thread (http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2009-05/msg00569.html), isn't there a bug in the way startup.el prepares the splash screen?

If you prefer, I'll prepare a formal bug report. But since I'm new at this, I thought I'd start with a question to the list in case I was misunderstanding how normal-erase-is-backspace-mode is supposed to work.

Ken