Re: please make line-move-visual nil

From: Deniz Dogan
Subject: Re: please make line-move-visual nil
Date: Sun, 31 May 2009 15:09:01 +0200

2009/5/31 Alfred M. Szmidt <address@hidden>:
> Maybe that is an idea, bind the line-move-visual behaviour to M-n/M-p
> or just the arrow keys (maybe someone suggested this already).  What
> do people think?

I wouldn't be in favor of binding M-n and M-p by default as I have
bound them to forward-paragraph and backward-paragraph, respectively,
and I'm sure many other people have bound important stuff to those two
combinations as well.

Regarding the idea with the arrow keys, even though I think that
ideally the arrow keys and their C- counterparts should behave the
same at all times, it *is* a good suggestion, since newcomers often
want to move by visual lines and use the arrow keys, while
"old-timers" often want the opposite and often use C-n/C-p.

--
Deniz Dogan