Re: What is the proper way to set the default font these days?

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: What is the proper way to set the default font these days?
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 2009 09:42:15 +0900

David Reitter <address@hidden> writes:
>> I am curious:  is there a way to do a similar thing under non-X
>> systems like macosx or win32?
>
> The Nextstep port (for OS X) had a way to emulate X resources, which has
> since been removed because it didn't actually add enough useful
> functionality to merit the overhead.  The right way to set a default
> font is IMHO to customize the `default' face in one way or the other.

I agree, but at least on X, that leads to annoying frame-thrashing on
startup.

[Of course, such frame-thrashing is just stupid, and we really should
delay mapping the initial frame to avoid it, but nonetheless it's the
current reality...]

-Miles

--
Ich bin ein Virus. Mach' mit und kopiere mich in Deine .signature.