"italic" is underlined now (NS?)

From: David Reitter
Subject: "italic" is underlined now (NS?)
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 23:51:05 -0400

The italic face no longer has slant: italic as specified in faces.el, but it has "underline" set instead. This can be verified with M-x customize-face RET italic RET.

Last known "good" revision was 2c0a1f1 (Mon Jun 8, 15:04).
My current revision is 2583fe5 (Jun 11 02:34).

I believe this may have come with teh recent changes to the font selection mechanism by Adrian. I've tested on NS only.