Using C-w in isearch to cut the selection

From: Deniz Dogan
Subject: Using C-w in isearch to cut the selection
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 18:32:32 +0200

Hi

Today, C-s C-w will effectively start searching for the word at point
(or specifically from point to the end of the word), but I never use
this. When I hit C-w during an isearch I just want to kill the region,
as C-w normally does. Is this possible in Emacs today? If not, I
certainly think the option should be added, as I'm sure it confuses a
lot of other people than just me.

--
Deniz Dogan