Please consider fixing #3437 before release

From: Teemu Likonen
Subject: Please consider fixing #3437 before release
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2009 00:56:06 +0300

I heard that Emacs 23 will be released soon so I'd like to ask Emacs
maintainers or release managers to consider fixing bug #3437 before the
release:

    http://emacsbugs.donarmstrong.com/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=3437

The bug report even has a patch attached.

The bug is about kill-visual-line command behaving unexpectedly when
executed at the end of a logical line. I think everybody would expect it
to delete only the newline, like kill-line does, but kill-visual-line
deletes not only the newline character but also the next line up to the
cursor position. See the bug report for a concrete example.

I use visual-line-mode with all text modes. Hence I also use
kill-visual-line (C-k) a lot. I think people with similar habits will
notice this bug in no time.