Re: Pretest and branch on Friday June 19

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: Pretest and branch on Friday June 19
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2009 09:36:56 +0800

Chong Yidong wrote:
I'm not certain what version number to assign the trunk after branching.
I'm inclined to use 23.1.50, which assumes we'll use the trunk for
developing 23.2.  Maybe this is optimistic; as many will recall, what
ended up as Emacs 22 was originally slated for 21.3.  Opinions welcome.

I don't think there are major changes like multi-tty or unicode pending, but there are a lot of minor features being held back, so 23.1.50 seems appropriate to me. When someone comes up with a major new feature (collaborative editing, or bidi becoming close to usable), we can develop that on a branch like was done with unicode and multi-tty (hopefully by then we will be using bzr).