Re: authinfo gnutls netrc.el auth-sources & smtpmail-starttls-credential

From: MON KEY
Subject: Re: authinfo gnutls netrc.el auth-sources & smtpmail-starttls-credentials
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2009 20:52:11 -0400

Ted Zlatanov <address@hidden> writes:

> MK> Please see my post elsewhere on this thread vis a vis imap.el
>
> I don't think it's necessary to have the debugging facilities of
> imap.el, because auth-source.el does not have so much external

The langauge of those two defcustom forms is quite communicative re:
logging/debugging and do well to extend clarity when informing the user just
how much rope he has been given. IIWM I would adopt the same or similar
tone with any such revisions/additions made to auth-sources defcustom
related docs.

> interaction that needs to be debugged.  There's just three places where
> messages are emitted right now.  Just auth-source-debug as a boolean,

Its not the amount (or lack thereof), but rather the manner in which the
logging/debugging
occurs and _how_ the user is made aware of bot the existence of such
facilities and the potential pitfalls of their use.

> logging to *Messages*, is sufficient, which my patch proposes.  Let me
> know if you see any issues with the patch.

Still looking. I will follow up accordingly.

> Ted

s_P