Re: Emacs 23.0.95 pretest

From: Byung-Hee HWANG
Subject: Re: Emacs 23.0.95 pretest
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 13:38:52 +0900

Giorgos Keramidas <address@hidden> writes:

> On Fri, 19 Jun 2009 13:46:15 -0400, Chong Yidong <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Emacs pretest 23.0.95 is now available; this is the sixth pretest for
>> what will be the Emacs 23.1 release.  You can download it via FTP, at
>> the following location:
>>
>>   http://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/pretest/emacs-23.0.95.tar.gz
>
> Thank you, and everyone involved in preparing the new pretest release.
>
>> Pretesters: please send an email to me reporting success or failure on
>> your build platform.  Please report bugs via M-x report-emacs-bugs, or
>> send an email to address@hidden  For other questions,
>> please email address@hidden
>
> I have patched the editors/emacs-devel port of FreeBSD to use the new
> pretest tarball as the source/distfile.  It builds successfully on both
> FreeBSD/i386 and FreeBSD/amd64 without X11 support, with X11 support and
> Lucid widgets, or with X11 support and GTK+ widgets.
>
> I have also edited the installation message of the package to say:
>
>     This is a pretest snapshot of what will be the Emacs 23.1
>     release.  As a result, there may be packaging errors in the
>     tarball, so please be on the lookout for problems with
>     installation.
>
>     Pretesters: please send an email to address@hidden
>     reporting success or failure on your systems.  In addition,
>     [...]

address@hidden:~> uname -v
FreeBSD 7.2-RELEASE #1: Sun May 31 14:19:58 KST 2009
address@hidden:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC
address@hidden:~> pkg_info | grep emacs-23
emacs-23.0.95       GNU editing macros

The build and install is done without any problems. Good job, Keramidas!
Here is screenshot:
[1] http://kldp.org/files/emacs-23095-pretest-freebsd-ss1.png
[2] http://kldp.org/files/emacs-23095-pretest-freebsd-ss2.png

In addition, i did IPv6 test. In the test (with Gnus), really my email
message flew through IPv6 tunnel. Now i can trust that Emacs is IPv6
enabled application ;;

Sincerely,

--
Byung-Hee HWANG, KNU