Re: moving SCCS later in vc-handled-backends

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: moving SCCS later in vc-handled-backends
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 14:18:49 +0800

Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
I just read the docs, which claim there is a good reason for file-
oriented VCSes to come first.  If the docs are wrong, they should be
fixed.

The docs/comments mention the concurrent use of RCS and CVS, but I'm not sure that anyone has ever expressed a real interest in combining SCCS with other vc backends in this way (other than it can theoretically be done). These days the more common use case for multiple vc backends is probably combining a local distributed vc backend with a public CVS or SVN repository.