Re: Ignoring entries starting with space

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Ignoring entries starting with space
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 00:57:29 +0200

> So maybe a configurable key like C-RET, M-RET or S-RET could exit the
> minibuffer without adding the minibuffer contents to the history
> as an alternative to the leading space if typing a space character
> poses a problem with completion or with file names.

That would inded make more sense to me.  Maybe even a separate command
that wouldn't exit but just set a local var that would then cause the
next exit to refrain from recording the data in the history (that
command could even instead just provide a way to switch to some other
history var, so you could throw stuff away by selecting a dummy history
var, but you could also choose some other history var if you so wanted).

        Stefan