Re: Building Emacs on SGI mips/netbsd

From: Sascha Wilde
Subject: Re: Building Emacs on SGI mips/netbsd
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 10:01:26 +0200

Glenn Morris <address@hidden> wrote:
> Sascha Wilde wrote:
>
>> +      mips-*-netbsd* | mipseb-*-netbsd* \
>> +          | mips64-*-netbsd* | mips64eb-*-netbsd* )
>> +            machine=mips ;;
>> +
>
> In Emacs 22, mips-*-netbsd*, mipsel-*-netbsd* and mipseb-*-netbsd*
> used "machine=pmax". As far as I can tell, mips64* was not supported.
>
> The file src/m/pmax.h has since been deleted. It does seem quite
> important to me to fix this, but I could not say if mips.h is "good
> enough" or if pmax.h should be restored.

Well, from my current experience I would say mips.h  is good enough at
least for non-mips64 R4000 systems (and afaik there is no mips64 netbsd at the
moment).  I don't have anything else to test, so people with different
hardware or more theoretical knowledge should probably verify this.  But
I'd suggest to re-enable mips/netbsd support asap, so that it can get some
wider testing.

cheers
sascha
--
Sascha Wilde
"Structure is _nothing_ if it is all you got.  Skeletons _spook_ people if