Re: Bzr switch

From: Karl Fogel
Subject: Re: Bzr switch
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2009 02:53:02 -0400

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:
> Any news on this front?

Bazaar 1.16 was released on on the 18th.  It has support for the "2a"
format that we want to host Emacs in (the format known during
development as "brisbane-core", and now called "2a").  That format will
be the default in Bazaar 2.0, though it is not the default in 1.16.x.

1.16 was followed by 1.16.1 a few days later, which fixed a couple of
bugs (see [1]).

1.16.1 is currently getting a fair amount of real-world testing on
another large source tree (see [2]).  I think it would be wise to let us
test it there for another week or two, and then proceed with the Emacs
switchover.  1.16.1 has been pretty stable so far, but it's still a new
release.  Let's let the water warm up a bit, then we jump in.

-Karl

[1] https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/bazaar/2009q2/060008.html

[2] https://lists.launchpad.net/launchpad-users/msg05078.html