Re: Bzr switch

From: Daniel Clemente
Subject: Re: Bzr switch
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2009 12:45:16 +0200

El dom, jun 28 2009 a les 08:53, Karl Fogel va escriure:

> Bazaar 1.16 was released on on the 18th.  It has support for the "2a"
> format that we want to host Emacs in (the format known during
> development as "brisbane-core", and now called "2a").  That format will
> be the default in Bazaar 2.0, though it is not the default in 1.16.x.

  What will happen when older clients try to connect?
  Even if they are asked to upgrade to 1.16, this may be a good thing.
(Upgrading is as easy as: bzr branch lp:bzr; cd bzr; ./bzr).

> 1.16.1 is currently getting a fair amount of real-world testing on
> another large source tree (see [2]).  I think it would be wise to let us
> test it there for another week or two, and then proceed with the Emacs
> switchover.  1.16.1 has been pretty stable so far, but it's still a new
> release.  Let's let the water warm up a bit, then we jump in.

  Nice to see some dates.

  Some questions from the links I found in [1] :
- The Savannah ticket about this is still open: [2] Is Savannah officially
ready?
- There seem to be still open Bazaar bugs/improvements with the tag
emacs-adoption: [3]. Are they blocking?

  I saw that some Bazaar bugs which affected Emacs were solved due to your
work; thanks.

[1] http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/EmacsBzrSwitchover
[2] http://savannah.gnu.org/support/index.php?106612
[3]
https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/bzr/+bugs?field.searchtext=&orderby=-importance&assignee_option=any&field.assignee=&field.bug_reporter=&field.bug_supervisor=&field.bug_commenter=&field.subscriber=&field.omit_dupes.used=&field.omit_dupes=on&field.has_patch.used=&field.has_cve.used=&field.tag=emacs-adoption&field.tags_combinator=ANY&search=Search

-- Daniel