Re: Sending attachments

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Re: Sending attachments
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 2009 13:26:01 -0400

Miles Bader <address@hidden> writes:

>   1. In the long-term, merge mail-mode and message-mode.  It's silly
>      that there are two modes.  AIUI, this is already an Emacs goal.

Would anyone like to work on this?

The first step is to check for incompatibilities and missing features in
message-mode.  Currently, message-mode recognizes many mail-mode
variables, such as `sendmail-program', and do the right thing in
response.  Someone needs to go through all the sendmail.el variables and
make sure they are all handled properly in message-mode.  Once that is
done, we can start to migrate rmail, the bug reporter, and any other
places that use mail-mode to message-mode.