Re: invisible mouse pointer?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: invisible mouse pointer?
Date: Fri, 03 Jul 2009 22:08:20 +0300

> Date: Fri, 03 Jul 2009 19:26:15 +0200
> From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Jan_Dj=E4rv?= <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden
>
> >       DEFVAR_LISP ("make-pointer-invisible", &Vmake_pointer_invisible,
> >                doc: /* If non-nil, make pointer invisible while typing.
> >     The pointer becomes visible again when the mouse is moved.  */);
> >       Vmake_pointer_invisible = Qt;
> >
> > Why is this behavior such a good idea?  Looking for and not finding my
> > mouse pointer doesn't sound like a fun at all.
> >

> The ns-port for Emacs has it on by default.

Too bad, Emacs should behave the same by default on all platforms,
IMO.

> On MS Windows XP there is MS Word, Visual Studio, Notepad and Wordpad that I
> have seen.

Since when we model Emacs behavior on MS Word?  Word also lets you
scroll the equivalent of point out of the visible portion of the
screen (and the jumps back there whenever it wishes) -- will we be
changing Emacs to do that as well?