Re: Sending attachments

From: Leo
Subject: Re: Sending attachments
Date: Sat, 04 Jul 2009 16:54:35 +0100

On 2009-07-04 16:11 +0100, Teemu Likonen wrote:
> I have an idea: Let's have two different modes, a simple mode called
> mail-mode and a complex mode named message-mode which has more
> features. People who like simplicity can use mail-mode and people who
> need more features can use message-mode. How does that sound? :-)

There are already a few variants.

,----[ C-h v mail-user-agent RET ]
|   `sendmail-user-agent' -- use the default Emacs Mail package.
|                            See Info node `(emacs)Sending Mail'.
|   `mh-e-user-agent'     -- use the Emacs interface to the MH mail system.
|                            See Info node `(mh-e)'.
|   `message-user-agent'  -- use the Gnus Message package.
|                            See Info node `(message)'.
|   `gnus-user-agent'     -- like `message-user-agent', but with Gnus
|                            paraphernalia, particularly the Gcc: header for
|                            archiving.
`----

I'd prefer the core functionality of both sendmail and message-mode be
merged into a library that offers a default send mail interface and also
a basis for all other MUAs like gnus, mh-e etc. if they need extra stuff
than the default.

--
Leo's Emacs uptime: 24 days, 2 hours, 2 minutes, 12 seconds