Making while interruptable

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Making while interruptable
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2009 21:40:44 +0200

Hi have been playing a bit with some thoughts about making `while'
look for input, sort of `while-no-input', but a bit more general. I
took the c code and changed it a bit to see how it looked. The idea is
that the user with some let bound variable can control how every call
to `while' handles pending input. If pending input is detected then
`while' will throw to a catch symbol that is let bound by the user.

I do not know if this is useable (the code is not yet, need some
fixes, I am not good at c). The drawback might be too much overhead.
Also some code might leave things in a bad state if a throw happens in
`while'.

The advantage is of course that it could make Emacs feel more alive
with back ground parsers and other jobs in the background that did not
care to call input-pending-p.

I have attached the code. Any thoughts?