Re: Sending attachments

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Sending attachments
Date: Tue, 07 Jul 2009 07:35:08 +0900

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:
>> In the case non-ASCII character case mentioned above, he may not even
>> _know_ that he needs to do anything or look at any documentation --
>> he'll just send incorrect mail.
>
> Did you actually try that?  Mail mode will not let you send such
> messages, it will prompt for a proper encoding.

You may be thinking of a different case.

I did test sending a message with non-ASCII text in the header, which
mail-mode sent incorrectly, without any prompting or warning (you can't
just encode header text using the body's encoding, you need to use the
special "?=" encoding stuff).

-Miles

--
We have met the enemy, and he is us.  -- Pogo