Re: Sending attachments

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Sending attachments
Date: Tue, 07 Jul 2009 06:05:41 -0400

    We should not add yet another mime library to Emacs, when we already
    have one (mml.el).

Etach and mml both deal with puttimg mime into a message, but in very
different ways.  mml.el requires the user to write text in the MML
language and then convert it into mime.

Etach has a convenient interface M-x attach which attaches a file in
the message in the current buffer.  That is a simple feature and
easy to use.

Etach and MML are complementary, so it is better to have them both.