Re: Willing to debug bug #3542 (23.0.94; File access via UNC path slow

From: Mathias Dahl
Subject: Re: Willing to debug bug #3542 (23.0.94; File access via UNC path slow again under Windows)
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2009 13:00:20 +0200

> Please use CVS.  That lets you track down the problem with better
> granularity, and it's more convenient.  See
> http://savannah.gnu.org/cvs/?group=emacs for a description of how to
> check out the cvs repository.  After that, as I said, the command to
> revert to earlier revisions is (e.g.) `cvs up -Pd -D 2009-01-01'.

Just so that I understand you correctly, are you suggesting I download
and compile CVS emacs and do the "cvs up" trick and repeat this
process until I get a compiled version that works? If so, it might
take a while since I have never compiled Emacs myself under w32. Maybe
I will try to follow the guide Lennart has provided with me, we'll
see. Debugging elisp had been much more fun :)

Is there some low level primitive built in C that is always involved
in file listings etc that could be the culprit?