Re: line-move-visual

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: line-move-visual
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 16:38:12 +0300

> From: "Stephen J. Turnbull" <address@hidden>
> Cc: Scot Becker <address@hidden>,
>     address@hidden,
>     address@hidden
> Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 20:35:49 +0900
>
> Also, that must be a pretty big set of options if you compare, say, v
> 23 to v 21.

It's very big even if you compare to 22.3.  But that's Emacs, I don't
see how anything can be done about the sheer quantity of new features
in a major release.

What bothers me a lot is that there doesn't seem to be a good way of
finding options relevant to some topic.  The various `apropos'
commands we have are ad-hoc and rely on strings in symbol names or
documentation.  What is missing is the ability to associate keywords
with symbols, akin to index entries we put in manuals.  But first and
foremost, someone will have to come up with a useful set of keywords
(those used by finder.el are not even close).