Re: line-move-visual

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: line-move-visual
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2009 14:30:33 -0400

    - have a poll by email on the emacs mailing list, which lets people
      add their comments;

When we did polls, we announced them on info-gnu-emacs and anywhere
else that seemed useful, to reach the broadest group of Emacs users.

But we did not do them "on" any mailing list.  We asked users to send
their responses to a special address which dumped mail into a file.
We checked the answers at the end.

We always asked people to say why they prefer a certain behavior,
rather than just voting for or against.  And sometimes we suggested
more than two options.

    - and have as many other polls as possible on any medium (web forum,
      etc.) and don't presume about their relevance before we have them;

It makes no sense to have multiple (different) polls about one topic.
It is easier and better to annouce the one poll in multiple places.